I am the Elizabeth Taylor of the feline world.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hissing Black Cats and Other Topics


All I can say is this: at least I got sequins.


Anyway, happy belated Halloween. I answered the door for trick or treaters. It was kind of fun sitting in the window, waiting for the kiddoes to arrive.


"I expect you to be on your best behavior," Karen told me. "That means no hissing."


Oh for crying out loud it's Halloween. I think a hissing black cat is highly appropriate.


Back in redneck hell we didn't get too many trick or treaters. One or two at best. Interestingly enough, more Halloweens than not Karen was called out of town for work, so most of our Halloween experiences have been at Karen's parent's house. Last year she was at a conference in Austin, the year before she was at a conference in Los Angeles, the year before that she was, well, at a very crazy Halloween party hosted by one of her nutty teacher friends. This year we are staying at home and answering the door.


A Change in Plans


OK, as you know I started posting the "Colin Firth Moment of the Week" about a month ago. I was changing out the clips on Sunday, but since I was kidnapped Saturday, it didn't happen last week. Anyway, that misstep gave me an idea:


Firth Fridays


Every Friday I will change out the clip instead, hence the name "Firth Fridays".


Like you people give a rat's ass. Whatever. Let me tell you about this clip from the movie Love Actually.


Karen loves this clip and calls it "romantic" and "wonderful". However, I personally find it "creepy" and "ill advised".


To begin with, she doesn't know the dude. Yeah, he's British and Colin Firth, but this is a movie and she doesn't know that. She doesn't even speak his language. He could have been asking/ telling her all kinds of things, like "are you into stamps?" or "I collect pieces of human flesh" while she cleaned house smiling so sweetly.


"Colin would never do that," Karen replied to the idea of the Firth being a stamp collecting serial killer. "It's simply impossible."


And exactly how would she know???


Other Issues


I know you people are waiting with baited breath about my take on the Madonna thing.


No really?


Madonna and Guy Richie are splitting up?


I'm so totally shocked.


Personally, if I were Guy I would have held out a little longer. With no prenump he easily could have gotten $300 million.


Whatever


Right now they are fighting over custody. Madonna wants to take the kiddoes to New York and Guy wants them to continue living in London.

I think the team of 24/7 nannies/ housekeepers/ whoever should make the decision.


Da Book Business


We are now about ninety percent unpacked. Last weekend Karen tackled probably the most difficult part of the unpacking process: the books.


21 boxes of books Karen brought to our new house.


She organized by alpha order this time. Last time Karen had a complicated system of genre then alpha. It was too much so we went totally alpha order.


Karen would personally like to thank all of those people who over the years borrowed books and didn't return them. Otherwise, we might be closer to thirty boxes.


Anyway, I hope all is good with you guys. Sorry I haven't been around as much as of late. I'm going to start being a little more diligent with the posting.


Go 'Stros

6 comments:

SWILUA said...

LOVE the sequins!

Jess said...

You are one stylin' cat, Penelope!

Poor Karen & the books. At least she's proven she is sane. My mother's books are by dewey decimal system. Scary.

Melissa said...

Aw, give me a hiss!

Emily said...

What a beautiful costume Penelope!! Karen- if I was Guy Richie I wouldn't have gotten involved with her in the first place...

Mom In Scrubs said...

I'd call you "cute," Penelope, but I don't think you are a "cute" kind of cat. Elegant, maybe?

Firth Fridays? Go for it!!

Hey, P! They've got a contest over at Whirlochre's for "Stoopid Dogs." Geoff the cat is hosting it! I think you could win paws-down!

Mr. Shife said...

Glad you had a nice Halloween and hopefully the packing is just about done. Firth Friday? It is a fabulous idea. I am not a big fan but I am a dude so that probably explains why. Hope all is well.