I am the Elizabeth Taylor of the feline world.

Monday, January 5, 2009

In Memorium


My mentor and kindred spirit has passed.

India, the White House highly under publicized first cat, died yesterday. She was eighteen. She was survived by her staff, President George Bush and First Lady Laura Bush. They were not particularly respectful of her, though. "W" used to call her "Willie" which isn't even her name. I think the woman was probably OK, but she still didn't advocate more coverage for India on the White House web pages.

Don't even get me started on that again.
I am assuming that arrangements for a state funeral are being made as we speak. I asked Karen if anyone called in regards to my seating in the National Cathedral, assuming that I would be seated perhaps three rows behind the family. She told me that probably the family was still in mourning and it might take a little while before arrangements were made.
"How do you plan to get to Washington?" Karen asked me. "You know how cats fly on the airlines, right?"
I would assume in first class.
Anyway, we here at I Don't Pretend to be an Ordinary Cat would like to extend our condolences to the Bush family. We will be expecting word soon on where we should meet Air Force One to take us to Washington for the funeral, so President Bush, inform us as soon as you can.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

They had a cat? And they didn't want anybody to know? And Bush called her Willie????? That's just sad.

Mr. Shife said...

I heard about the passing of the first cat as well. My condolences to the cat kingdom Penelope and I hope Karen can work something out for you. Maybe you can throw a shoe at him or something to get his attention.