I am the Elizabeth Taylor of the feline world.

Saturday, April 28, 2007

My Soon-to-be New Friend

Karen saw this and thought it suited me. After I read it, I have to agree with her. I understand and identify with this Steve Martin. Perhaps I should have Sadie write him a letter, detailing my full comprehension of what it's like to be so beautiful that the rest of the world is resentful just because you are you.

"It's very hard being one of the most beautiful people. Having this kind of beauty is actually a burden. Sometimes I go to a party and not one of the other 49 most beautiful people is there. That makes me feel very solitary and alone, because it means I am the most beautiful person in the room. If I'm going to a party where I know there will be 'less-beautiful people,' I try to 'dress down' in order to hide my beauty. But this seems to have a counter-effect of actually making me more beautiful. I guess me and dungarees are a pretty potent combination. I try not to lord my beauty over others. This is very hard. I try not to mention that I am one of the most beautiful people, but somehow it always comes out. I will usually only bring it up when I'm asked to do a task, like open a garage door. People seem to enjoy my beauty and are genuinely happy for me, because after I mention it they always say, 'How nice for you.'"
-- From People, 20 May 2003, in which Steven Martin was listed as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People.

Anyway, I'm going to have Sadie find this Mr. Martin and email him. Perhaps he'd like to have lunch sometime. We could chat about our beauty being such a burden over that chicken I saw Karen put in the fridge last night. Maybe he has a cell phone. Sadie could call him. Interesting, but enough on that for now. I'm taking a nap.

No comments: