I am the Elizabeth Taylor of the feline world.

Friday, September 28, 2007

Book Reviews by Penelope the Cat

As I mentioned on the sidebar, I am reviewing My Boring- Ass Life.

It's boring.

If I valued everyday monotony, I'd post daily and tell you what I did:

6 am: Woke up, groomed

6:45 am: Took a nap

8:30 am: Ate breakfast

8:40 am: Used the facilities

8:43 am: Took a nap

10 am: Watched The View

11 am: Took a nap

1:42 pm: Ate late lunch

1:50 pm: Took a nap

3:45 pm: Groomed

5 pm: Watched Barak Obama on CNN

See my point?

I like Kevin Smith. Because I like Kevin Smith I skipped to the end of the book and read Me and My Shadow. This is valuable. It's the story of his journey dealing with Jason Mewes' (a.k.a Jay, as in Jay and Silent Bob-- a life long friend) drug addiction. If you know someone with a serious narcotic dependency, I would think this story would be quite poignant. For this reason I will recommend the book. Otherwise, take into consideration the title.

The only other value within it was that he does give Sting a shout out and specifically mentions my favorite Sting song Ghost Story.

Anyway, I'm done with this. Don't ask me what I'm reviewing next, as I don't know. Right now it's nap time.

4 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

I really like Kevin Smoth. I think Dogma (please excuse my use of hte word dog here in your blog) is one of the funniest movies ever, and it made some great points about organized religion.

I haven't read My Boring Ass Life yet but I had high hopes for it. NOw I gotta say, dang. I'm sure I'll still get around to reading it but not as soon as I would have.

Penelope said...

Travis--

I love Dogma as well. Even after seeing it about a million time the film still cracks me up. Karen's favorite is Mallrats, though: she identifies with the Gen X mall culture thing.

Anyway, I was disappointed, too. I'd save your pennies and pull up his myspace page and read the journal entries for free there.

-- P

"The Captain" said...

I think my cubs are going to win the series this year!!!

Penelope said...

Go Cubs!!!

Speaking of baseball, I need to do a shout out to my man Craig Biggio. Thanks for the reminder!!!

-- P